Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
The benefit of working at a start-up is that you'll be given lots of responsibility and the opportunity to have true ownership as we build out our products. This is a unique opportunity to use your coding powers to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a back-end engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, is enthusiastic about building new products, and can develop scalable systems in a maturing service-oriented architecture. This engineer will support a team responsible for building enterprise integration tools that will fundamentally change the future of mental health care delivery by increasing speed, access, and personalization of care in ways that disrupt existing care delivery models.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You'll Do-
- Build and maintain Ruby (Rails) and Python services (Django, Flask)
- Engineer efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Maintain HIPAA and GDPR compliance and general security through best practice implementation
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work collaboratively with design and product to deliver delightful user experiences
- Write and maintain technical documentation, unit tests, and integration tests
- Python, Django, Flask, aiohttp
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) including ECS, RDS, Cloudfront, etc.
- On the frontend: React, TypeScript, Redux, Webpack
Who You Are-
- At least 5+ years of relevant software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- 2+ years of production experience in Ruby (Rails) and Python (Django) strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining GraphQL and/or REST APIs
- Experience with scaling relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and writing performant queries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a distributed development team
- Passion for building something to improve the lives of others
Bonus points if you have experience in-
- Linux system administration
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech or HR
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!