Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health. We are looking for a Psychiatric Strategy Lead to join our Clinical Strategy and Research team to help advance this mission. In this role, you will define and scale how we integrate psychiatry and medication-supported care into Modern Health’s services and the broader benefits and healthcare ecosystem.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Contribute to the overall strategic vision of Modern Health’s care model and delivery and lead the strategy related to psychopharmacological care
- Lead strategic initiatives that ensure Modern Health’s psychiatric medication management services result in high-quality, seamless patient and provider experiences, clinical outcomes, and cost-effectiveness of care
- Guide the screening and onboarding of high-quality prescribers, including both NPs/PAs and physicians
- Ensure compliance with population health goals through monitoring care and utilization management
- Build, implement, and scale the strategy for connecting members to appropriate and high-quality psychopharmacological services and integrating them into the member’s care plan
- Partner with the Operations and Product teams to implement best practices for psychopharmacological services in-app and through operational processes
- Partner with the Operations, Legal, and Compliance teams to handle escalations related to psychopharmacological provider quality
- Own the development of additional psychopharmacological services as needed, including scaling out to global populations
- Responsible for recommending changes and enhancements to current managed care, review guidelines and clinical criteria based on extensive knowledge of mental healthcare delivery systems, utilization methods, reimbursement methods, and treatment protocols
- Aid in the development and design of protocols for psychiatric emergencies, safety evaluations, and other urgent psychiatric patient scenarios
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert and thought leader within the areas of psychiatry and psychopharmacology within Modern Health
- Support prescriber competence by providing consultation, training, and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues
- Constantly increase psychiatric knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Who You Are-
- Completed psychiatric residency in an ACGME approved residency program
- Current Board Certification in Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry)
- Active and current state medical license as MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate
- 3+ years of experience working as a psychiatrist in child or adult psychiatry
- Leadership or management experience in the mental healthcare industry or outside of your clinical work
- Deep clinical knowledge within psychiatry and mental health fields
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership through external speaking, writing, and involvement within the medical community; direct engagement with customers, business leaders, and industry organizations is strongly preferred
- Strong strategic and research-based approach to your work
- Operationally savvy and preference to build systems instead of single-use solutions
- Enjoy working in dynamic and ambiguous environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- Strong attention to detail and deep care for your end-product being both effective and engaging
- Passion for innovating and moving mental health care into the future, particularly in providing greater access to high-quality care
- Strong opinions about integrating psychopharmacological services with other mental health services to drive high-quality well-being solutions
- Experience overseeing or building provider quality assurance systems
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!