Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you'll be a key part of our product management team and a partner to the entire Modern Health Tech team. In an environment where we are increasingly connected to technology, at higher risk for depression, and lonelier than ever, our mission is to create a world where people are happier and more resilient to the stress and struggles of everyday life. We’re looking for an experienced health tech product leader to help us realize this mission and build the leading global mental health solution. You will be responsible for driving the execution of our near term goals but more importantly, helping to set the strategic vision to drive value for employers and their employees. We are looking for an excellent leader who is highly analytical, thrives at building relationships and rallying teams, is user-focused and design savvy, and who is ultimately motivated to positively impact the lives of thousands of people.
If you are looking for a big opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health -- you are a perfect fit for Modern Health. This role reports to the Director of Product.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You'll Do:
- Vision and strategy: Create an experimentation roadmap and vision for our products that maximizes new member growth and retention.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Partner cross-functionally with departments like clinical care, marketing, customer success, partnerships, and sales to drive engagement and retention among Modern Health members.
- Execute successfully: Partner with engineering and design to build a strong operating model to execute on complex products and projects.
- Analyze data & understand user behavior: Inform and drive key decisions with data-informed insights and UX research.
- Drive experimentation: Create data-informed hypotheses to drive member onboarding and retention through thoughtful experimentation and A/B testing. Share insights from experiment outcomes and communicate them to the broader team.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience driving growth as a Product Manager
- Experience working on digital products related to well-being, health, or other related fields.
- Expertise in metrics-driven experimentation and roadmapping.
- Expertise in modeling impact, muti-varite testing, and driving activation and retention at scale.
- Analytical thinker who can conduct hypothesis-based testing with rapid iterations.
- Can plan and organize work in close collaboration with a team of engineers, product designers, data scientists.
- Passionate about building products that make a positive impact.
- Enjoys hands-on execution and strategic thought leadership.
- Adept at building, measuring and reporting against fundamental business metrics like retention.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills at all levels of organization and customers, including the ability to distill complex concepts for a non-technical audience
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (and dependents covered at 50%)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Modern Health product or equivalent cost of external care
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Natural Disaster Relief Stipend
- Mod Squad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more!