Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health is an evidence-based platform that leverages technology and professional support through a stepped-care model to provide members with the right level of high-quality mental health care. We’re looking for a Research Associate to join our Research team to support across a range of research priorities. In this role, you will be assisting our research team, which is focused on evaluating the clinical impact and cost-effectiveness of our approach.
A few of our upcoming research projects include analyzing retrospective data from our platform to understand clinical effectiveness, updating our measurement instruments, partnering with clients to analyze data on workplace outcomes, conducting cost-effectiveness analyses, and running prospective experiments.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Prepare materials for IRB review
- Conduct literature reviews
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies
- Prepare survey instruments and program surveys using computer software
- Manage data collection
- Organize and clean multiple sources of data
- Analyze data with supervision of the Behavioral Scientist
- Summarize project results to cross-functional teams
- Prepare white papers, presentations, and other articles
- Communicate with internal clients and external research partners
- Identify key studies to demonstrate the value of Modern Health to prospects
- Serve as a voice of behavioral science on cross-functional teams
Who You Are-
- Bachelor’s in psychology, behavioral science, public health, or related field; Master’s preferred
- 2+ years as a research project manager or lab manager in academic, clinical, healthcare, or industry research
- Experience analyzing and managing data in SPSS, R, Python, or SQL
- Experience with surveys, including designing surveys (finding validated measures, writing questions), programming surveys (Qualtrics experience preferred), and managing data collection via surveys
- Outstanding written communication, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- A willingness to give and receive feedback
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset, and focus on quality
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- A passion for mental health and Modern Health’s mission to expand access by getting each person the right level of care for their needs
- A love for the scientific process and working on all aspects of end-to-end research
- Experience with Looker or Tableau data management software preferred
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity