Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist.
Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, we guide people to the right care at the right time and help companies save money in engagement and healthcare costs. We are venture-backed and have raised over $95M from top VC's including Kleiner Perkins, Y Combinator, Afore, Precursor Ventures. With the close of our Series C we welcome Battery Ventures to our outstanding list of investors.
In 2020 we have doubled the number of customers since March, revenue has grown 25 times, and we have built a global network of mental health experts in 30 countries. We have more than 190 enterprise clients including: Zendesk, Clif Bar, Udemy, Postmates and SoFi.
We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. Are you mission driven and motivated to make a change? We'd love to hear from you.
Maintaining the security and privacy of our users is paramount to Modern Health’s mission. As a member of the security team you will have organization-wide visibility to continuously support and monitor our commitment to privacy, security, and compliance.
This is a unique opportunity to use your engineering and security skills to make a direct impact in people's lives. We need a security engineer who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, mitigate risk by increasing automation in security domains, and work with other engineers to securely release and maintain software, infrastructure, and an information security management system, while always working to increase our security and compliance posture.
This role will be part of the Infrastructure & Security (InfraSec) team, report to the VP of Engineering, and can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis.
- Report on and research solutions to possible threats or software issues.
- Remediate vulnerabilities in our systems according to our SLAs.
- Work directly with our clients in answering their security questions via our Vendor Security Questionnaire (VSQ) process.
- Develop cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems.
- Implement and lead on best practices and security standards for the organization.
- Routinely test and audit company software and network configurations.
- Contribute to engineering a secure application platform.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance to raise our security posture through the implementation of controls set by our compliance objectives.
- You are a passionate and confident leader that takes pride and ownership in the work you do.
- You understand software, hardware and infrastructure needs while adjusting them according to our business environment
- You have an understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level
- You have experience implementing controls for information security compliance programs including HIPAA, SOC2, and GDPR
- You have experience managing IDS/IPS/FIM/Vuln scanning
- You have hands-on experience with a variety of programming languages (preferably Python)
- You are able to assess, prioritize, and execute on projects independently.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You remain calm under pressure.
- 2+ years of experience in the cybersecurity industry
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- AWS: ECS and cloud hosting
- Gitlab: CI/CD
- Python: Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Monitoring: Datadog and Sentry
- IaC: Terraform, Packer
Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Working at a high growth startup
- Working on SaaS software
- Working in Health Tech
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Mental health resourcing via Modern Health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity