Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Strategy and Business Operations leader, you will be the primary partner for the executive team on questions critical to Modern Health’s near-term and long-term success. Your objective will be to connect Modern Health’s strategy to its operations through developing and executing strategies to optimize the business for its next stages of growth. You will own initiatives end-to-end which will include identification of issues, scoping, identifying key stakeholders and dependencies, quantitative and qualitative analysis, evaluation of potential solutions/paths, and synthesis of findings into compelling and actionable recommendations for the business. You will also work cross-functionally with teams across the company to execute on many of the initiatives you help develop. We’re looking for someone who is equal parts strategic, data-driven, and operationally-oriented (have a “get stuff done” attitude). This position reports to the VP of Finance.
What You’ll Do-
- Partner with senior leaders to identify strategic priorities and goals across the company
- Perform analyses and research to evaluate cost/benefits of various initiatives and identify risks/opportunities that are key to effectively scaling the company
- Partner with leaders throughout the company to build business cases for new initiatives that address strategic cross-functional issues
- Turn your insights into compelling and actionable recommendations that will guide impactful product and business decisions
- Guide and manage (end-to-end) large, cross-functional projects that are vital to the success of the business (projects related to business performance, strategic initiatives, go-to-market strategies, etc)
- Create strategic frameworks and methodologies to drive critical business decisions and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization
- Scout and evaluate partnership opportunities that will be key to our success and growth
- Synthesize feedback from functional teams, customers, users, and other stakeholders to identify process gaps and optimization opportunities
Who You Are-
- You have 6+ years of experience in consulting and/or ops/strategy at a startup (healthcare experience a plus)
- You have experience identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and can execute projects from inception to completion
- You have strong analytical skills and experience leveraging data into business impact (you should be comfortable using Excel and data viz tools)
- You are able to work autonomously and can flex up and down the work spectrum effortlessly
- You are able to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- You are humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity