Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
As a foundational member of the Finance Team, you’ll work hand in hand with the VP of Finance in building out this area of the business. This is a high-visibility role where you’ll play a pivotal part in laying down the financial foundation of the business through executing and optimizing financial operations, building out financial models, and defining and tracking KPIs/OKRs. You’ll also shape overall company strategy through helping to define what sustainable growth means, developing our path to profitability, and guiding decisions through analyses. You will not just be analyzing things, but will be expected to work cross-functionally to execute on many of the initiatives you help develop. We’re looking for someone who can pair strong analysis with strategic thinking and who is operationally-minded and loves to build (processes, models, analyses, etc.). This position reports to the VP of Finance.
What You’ll Do-
- Act as a partner to the VP of Finance across all initiatives
- Perform key strategic and financial analyses to support high-impact decisions (e.g., pricing, unit economics, product changes, market expansion, etc.)
- Partner with leaders across the organization to develop a vision for how we scale efficiently
- Assist in the development and ownership of the company operating model
- Partner with key business stakeholders to support financially-sound decision-making (e.g., headcount, bringing on new vendors, etc.)
- Support company-wide financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Define and track financial KPIs, OKRs, and goals
- Determine ways to improve the financial operations of the business and execute projects accordingly
- Lead process improvements and cost savings initiatives by leveraging data and insights
Who You Are-
- You have 5+ years of experience in consulting, banking, PE/VC, and/or ops/finance at a startup
- You are able to work autonomously with minimal guidance
- You are a master of Excel and are familiar with data visualization tools
- You are able to develop and present (via presentations, dashboards, etc.) complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner
- You are able to execute and identify operational tasks and initiatives to improve their efficiency
- You have a robust understanding of financial statements and have built financial models from scratch
- You have at the minimum a basic understanding of accounting concepts
- You are humble, scrappy, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity