Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you'll be a key partner to our CPO and the entire Modern Health Tech team. You'll lead our small but growing product design team and define our overall design direction with your partners in Product and Engineering. Design is at the heart of how we build products and remains a competitive advantage for the company and service, so if you are looking for a design opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health – you'll be a great fit for Modern Health.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, shape, and own the user experience for the Modern Health platform by defining and implementing a design vision, process and system with the team.
- Reinforce a customer first culture within the Tech team and company-wide.
- Build, lead, grow, and retain a diverse team of world-class product designers and user researchers.
- Collaborate with cross-functionally to solve product design problems and create flexible, intuitive and scalable UI and UX solutions for Modern Health.
- Define a set of design principles and a design language that is appropriate for each of our products and our audiences.
- Lead by example and participate in all stages of the product design and development lifecycle, including research, concepting, definition, prototyping, design, QA, and critique.
- Sketches, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes will set the direction, bar, and tone for design at Modern Health.
- Ability to execute as an IC as we scale the team.
Who You Are
- You have at least 3 years of experience managing design teams
- You have a proven track record of playing both a leadership and supporting role in shipping great products to customers – from inception to launch
- You have a deep interest in managing, mentoring, and coaching designers to grow their skills
- You can effectively drive design critique and reviews with partners across the organization
- You know how to share clear and specific design feedback that is thoughtful and actionable
- You create an environment for your design team to succeed by creating processes and frameworks to help them manage their time and projects in a way that drives positive outcomes.
- You have experience in user research to drive generative and evaluative research projects
- You have a portfolio that includes mobile and web products and showcases a strong foundation in UX design, visual design, layout, IA, and, and typography
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines/departments
- You successfully communicate ideas both in writing and with low-fi tools to solicit the best feedback from users and stakeholders
- You have an incredible attention to detail. You sweat the little things and are meticulous about your work – from designs to feedback to specs
- You're comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy the process of driving towards clarity with your team.
- You can deeply about driving value to customers and driving value to the business
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity