Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a certified coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, and Y Combinator, and partner with companies like Pixar, Gusto, Okta, EA, and Nextdoor that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $42 million and is looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Are you an ambitious creative professional? Does joining a rapidly-growing tech company in the health and wellness space sound exciting? The Marketing team at Modern Health is hiring a Brand Designer to help build our brand identity as we expand, executing a wide range of projects including email newsletters, web content, videos, advertising, conference materials, product guides, sales presentations, one-sheeters and much more. You will be a key member of the Marketing team, collaborating across product, customer success, clinical care, and recruiting to build a cohesive elevated brand for Modern Health, and to ensure specific messages are being visually conveyed through your designs.
If you’re looking for a big opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Twitter, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health -- you are a perfect fit for Modern Health. While we’re all working remotely at the moment, this role is designated to be based in our San Francisco headquarters and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
**For consideration, please include a link to your online portfolio.
What You’ll Do-
- Manage project request intake and scope clarification
- Design and development of marketing materials, including: presentations, print and digital advertising, conference materials, research reports, social media campaigns, one-sheeters, postcards, promotions, videos, webinars, and other marketing collateral
- Collaborate with other marketing and product team members to ensure quality and consistency in all aspects of our brand presence
- Provide status updates and juggle multiple projects—we’re an agile team with shifting priorities
- Become an informed and vocal advocate of great design at Modern Health
Who You Are
- MUST have an online portfolio of relevant work examples
- 5+ years of design experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Use of MS Office and Google Docs and how those are used cross-functionally with Adobe CS
- Knowledge of how to prepare files for optimal online use and print, with working knowledge of standards like EU and US measurement, bleed areas, CMYK, Pantone, RGB, etc.
- Understand the different pixel resolutions required for print and online
- Bonus for Dropbox, Trello, and Asana
- Experience working within existing brand guidelines and/or designing new brand guidelines
- Must be highly detail oriented and self-motivated and able to prioritize your workload to meet critical deadlines
- Able to work well independently, as well as under the direction of others
- Coachable and values constructive criticism from a variety of sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, creative, flexible, proactive, and ambitious
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited career growth opportunity