About Modern Health
Modern Health is a mental well-being platform for employers. We are the only solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based technology and professional support from a coach or therapist. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, we guide people to the right care at the right time and help companies save money in engagement and healthcare costs. We are venture-backed and have raised from top VCs including Kleiner Perkins, Y combinator, Afore, and Precursor Ventures. We are building a world-class team to make a positive impact and improve the way people live. Are you mission driven and motivated to make a change? We'd love to hear from you.
In this role you'll be a key business partner to our CEO, and the entire Modern Health leadership team. In an environment where we are increasingly connected to technology, at higher risk for depression, and lonelier than ever, our mission is to create a world where people are happier and more resilient to the stress and struggles of everyday life. We’re looking for an experienced product leader to help us realize this mission and build the leading global mental health solution. You will be responsible for driving the execution of our near term goals but more importantly, helping to set the strategic vision to drive value for employers and their employees. We are looking for an excellent leader who is highly analytical, thrives at building relationships and rallying teams, is user-focused and design savvy, and who is ultimately motivated to positively impact the lives of thousands of people.
If you are looking for a big opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals from Stanford School of Medicine, Yale, Johns Hopkins, and Collective Health -- you are a perfect fit for Modern Health.
This role reports to CEO.
What You'll Do
- Articulate what a winning product looks like.
- Anticipate Needs & Design: Partner with clinical care and design to build out clear mocks and specs for the engineering team to work on, well in advance. Understand needs from sales, ops, client success and management to continually build out a product vision across the business.
- Evangelize: Communicate across the engineering team and company what the vision is and why they should be excited to create it
- Rally the team to build it.
- Be Scrappy: Make sure all details are correct between articulation of a winning product to execution to iteration.
- Drive The Day-to-day: Monitor the day-to-day and milestone-to-milestone for the engineering team and act like a pit boss who cares about delivering great service and makes sure things get done well, in a timely fashion.
- Iterate on it until they get it right.
- Pull Levers & Prioritize Well: Manage process around and design a cohesive vision integrating growth tools like email, push notifications & SMS into the core Modern Health experience. Utilization is key.
- Analyze Data & Understand User Behavior: The right candidate will be good with SQL and will be trustworthy to iterate on designs w/ data backing up key decisions.
- Communicate Results & Next Steps: Deliver consultant-level analyses in bite-sized form, so that the company can stay on top of what works and doesn’t work in the space.
What We Look For...
- Leadership & Project Management
- Excellent listener who can
- Make others feel cared for & is a steward for the interests of others
- Weigh various business needs and clearly message what is a priority when, and why
- Handle requests from different customers (sales, design, operations, compliance, client success) and translate them into clear tickets that map to roadmap priority
- Run key meetings when appropriate [standup, sprint meetings, product brainstorms, etc.] and take input from key stakeholders
- Communicate liberally to ensure all relevant parties are abreast of any key details pertaining to a software or client launch
- Work with senior management to develop the long-term roadmap and to inflect and/or absorb strategy
- Analytical thinker who can
- Pull growth levers to meaningfully enhance business performance
- Write trustworthy and robust SQL
- Run ab tests and being accountable for in-service followup & learnings -- this candidate should be a master at hypothesis-based testing
- Present findings clearly, honestly and concisely to both senior management and across the organization
- Empath who can
- Perform rigorous user research and be the voice of the user
- Collaborate with Head of Clinical Care and UI/UX designers to bring designs to life & to actually help people
- Write clear, itemized, specs that make it easy for engineers and others to advance on a milestone plan
- 7+ years experience in Product Management
- 3+ years managing Product teams
- Expertise in full stack software delivery – back-end processing, high-usage UI, reporting & analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Passionate about building products that make a positive impact
- Enjoys hands-on execution and strategic thought leadership
Other Reasons Why You’ll Love Working at Modern Health…
- You will work with a passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- You will directly impact the lives of millions
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District Mon-Thurs
- Amazing health benefits for you and your family -- 100% covered health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for employees and 50% coverage for their dependents
- 401k through Vanguard
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Flexible/Unlimited PTO