Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is a stealth start-up that is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company’s HQ is located in Los Angeles, CA and expanding nationwide.
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage.
Staff Accountant, Los Angeles
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Staff Accountant to join our talented team. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will maintain financial records and assist in implementing policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and effective at managing their time. They will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team to meet and exceed company goals. As Staff Accountant, you’ll be uniquely positioned to help develop the accounting infrastructure of a rapidly growing company.
- Completing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Working closely with operations teams as locations expand
- Leading monthly reviews
- Circulating monthly parking statements internally and externally
- Assisting the Controller as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Highly organized