Location: Santa Monica, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York City, NY (Hybrid)
Metropolis is an artificial intelligence company for the real world. Metropolis' computer vision platform enables people to transact in the physical world with even greater ease than we experience online. Today, we are reimagining parking. Because it's important, it's everywhere, and impacts everyone – enabling millions of consumers to just "drive in and drive out" – that's it. Tomorrow, we will power "checkout-free" experiences anywhere you go.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to design and implement our suite of mobility products. As a member of the Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design and build systems and features from the ground-up. Someone in this role will be expected to leverage their software engineering experience to pursue the best solutions for our customers.
Your responsibilities won’t be limited to just designing and implementing the code. You will also have a big role to play in defining the direction of our product, mentoring other engineers, and assisting with architecture design.
- Design, implement and maintain the backend services that make up the Metropolis mobility platform.
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle, including ideation and identifying requirements.
- Moderate technical discussions, evaluate new techniques and ensure our platform is constantly evolving and improving.
- Leverage best practices in automation testing and deployment to enable rapid iteration and launch of new features.
- Help build a culture where bugs and mistakes in Production are treated as opportunities to improve the platform.
- Be a key part of hiring engineers and setting the culture with Metropolis Engineering.
- Ensure that the systems we build are highly available and scalable.
- Work directly with our partners and build solutions that seamlessly integrate their products with the Metropolis platform.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Professional exposure to development of large-scale, high quality systems and software products, preferably in high volume consumer facing applications
- Working knowledge of Scala, Java or other languages that run on the JVM and support functional programming concepts
- Experience building distributed systems using SOA, microservices, event driven architectures and related technologies and paradigms.
- Deep understanding of agile engineering processes that support the entire software development life cycle, including TDD/BDD, CI/CD and related build/test/deploy processes.
- Experience with database technologies, especially MySQL/RDS and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Hands-on experience with container technologies and infrastructure as code techniques would be a plus.
- Previous experience working inside innovative, high-growth environments also a plus
- Preferred local to the New York, Santa Monica or Seattle areas.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows. The anticipated base salary for this position is $121,000.00 to 190,000.00 annually. The actual base pay offered is determined by a number of variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, years of relevant experience, distinctive skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location of residence and/or place of employment. Base pay is one component of Metropolis’s total compensation package, which may also include access to or eligibility for healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, a lucrative stock option plan, bonus plans and more.