Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow. If you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electrical vertical take-off-and-landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The company is led by an experience executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies. Our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Amazon, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Metropolis is seeking a Software Engineer to design, implement and support our embedded software build, test and deployment infrastructure. We are developing a broad suite of technologies that enable the operation of our CV/ML platform, including but not limited to camera and computer vision systems, embedded computers, IoT sensors and automated access control systems.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining and developing software and tools that enable and automate our ability to build, test and deploy the embedded software for our various hardware systems. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas, encompassing automated cross-compilation and test for embedded platforms, cloud-based simulation and testing integration, and even hardware-in-the-loop testing. You will work closely with members of the Hardware Engineering, Machine Learning, and Operations organizations to define requirements and support the entire development lifecycle of our systems. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help define the direction of not only the software, but the embedded hardware systems, that will power Metropolis into the future. If you are passionate about build/test/deploy for embedded systems, and jump at all opportunities to automate, then please reach out!
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice, and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- Design, implement and support embedded software build/test/deploy infrastructure.
- Collaborate with electrical, software and ML teams to define and implement software development infrastructure systems and tools.
- Support broad variety of domains, including CV/ML, hardware, real-time embedded and distributed software systems.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in CS/ECE or related discipline, or 4+ years of equivalent software development experience
- 2+ years of embedded software development experience in a production environment
- Experience with embedded software build systems, including cross-compilation for non-native hardware
- Experience implementing and using version control systems, code review, and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) systems
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining distributed cloud-based build/test/deploy solutions (AWS, Docker, etc.)
- Experience integrating with analytics tools/frameworks for test coverage, monitoring, etc.
- Working knowledge of at least one modern embedded language, such as C/C++ or Rust, including object-oriented design.
- MS or PhD in CS/ECE or related discipline
- Experience with real time software development, including RTOS, bare metal embedded systems, and/or Linux kernel/device drivers
- Experience with automated Hardware-In-The-Loop (HITL) systems
- Experience automating electrical bench test/measurement equipment
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning systems.
- Demonstrated experience debugging/troubleshooting embedded systems, including the use of real-time tools.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
At Metropolis, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.