Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is a stealth start-up that is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company’s HQ is located in Los Angeles, CA and expanding nationwide.
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage.
Director of Accounts Payable, Los Angeles
Our expanding company is seeking a Director of Accounts Payable to join our talented team in Santa Monica.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and effective at managing their time. They will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team to meet and exceed company goals.
Reporting to the Controller, as Director of Accounts Payable you’ll be a critical part of the accounting team. You will have the opportunity to build the AP function as the company scales.
- Manage full cycle AP function (vendor setup, approval workflows, payments, and record keeping)
- Implement AP internal controls
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage company expense policy and corporate credit cards
- Evaluate and implement new P2P system, including purchase orders
- Build and lead team of AP professionals at a future date
- Maintain relationships and negotiate terms with vendors
- Assist with financial statement audit as needed
- Assist Controller and CFO as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- 7+ years of high volume accounts payable experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience hiring and supervising AP team
- Startup experience preferred
- Inventory experience preferred
- A detail-oriented and zero-defect mindset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills