We are an AI start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of parking and mobility. We’re rapidly expanding to new markets, building our technical capabilities, and partnering with industry leaders to positively impact our communities.
We are a tight-knit team with a vision of the mobility hubs of tomorrow. We started at a small garage in Venice and now operate at hundreds of locations nationwide. We bring expertise in tech, mobility, finance, real estate, and parking. We take risks, make mistakes, and challenge the status quo. We are inventors who wonder what could be.
We believe life should be fun. As a team, we host dinners, board game nights, company-wide trivia competitions, trips to new launch markets, group personal training and more.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with complementary backgrounds, including a successful tech company founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and engineering talent from Facebook, Bird, Factual, Canoo, Palantir, HauteLook, Canoo, Honey, and others.
This position reports to the Director of Product
Metropolis is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead software and hardware projects related to our core platform and products. You will coordinate and align stakeholders, plan requirements, identify risks, employ Agile processes, manage schedules, and own the outcomes of your projects. The role is highly cross functional touching engineering, product, operations, vendors, and our customers.
You should have strong project management skills and high attention to detail. You track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, own project communications, and ensure high quality outcomes. You are a self-starter who loves working with technology and adapts easily to surprises and challenges. As you lead initiatives, you’ll touch everything from cameras and hardware peripherals to kiosks and software applications.
Excellent communication skills are required. You should be persistent yet respectful as you drive initiatives, communicate with stakeholders, and deliver projects on time. You are a team player looking to build a world class company with an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins.
- Work on a variety of initiatives driven by our Product and Engineering teams.
- Act as the main point of contact for your projects coordinating stakeholders and deliverables to achieve the project’s ultimate outcome.
- Craft processes to ensure high quality delivery with minimal friction.
- Identify project issues early and make necessary adjustments to ensure success.
- Be the first responder when things go wrong. Even if a problem is outside your area of expertise, you make the first move to fix it and get the right stakeholders involved as needed.
- Manage relationships with our IT vendors and set schedules to ensure timely execution.
- Communicate and manage deadlines and ensure that obstacles and dependencies are identified and managed.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in Program Management, preferably in an engineering driven company.
- Demonstrated experience managing deliverables for projects with many moving parts.
- Experience working with vendors and partners, setting deadlines and following through to ensure the projects are done on time.
- Strong program management skills. Ability to work with task owners to get updates, identify and eliminate obstacles, highlight potential delays and drive the timely delivery of the projects.
- Experience with project and resource management tools like Gantt charts and Asana.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with Engineering and Product teams.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits