Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including parking, on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, Metropolis provides the opportunity to join a company aiming to disrupt a $500 billion market.
Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and is anticipated to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. Investors in the seed round include world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
Operations Support Specialist
Metropolis seeks a select number of entrepreneurial self-starters to be the first point of contact for Tier-1 technical support with its proprietary technology platform. Given we’re in the early stages of development, there’s incredible growth potential within the company for those that perform at a high level.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operations Support Specialists resolve inbound support requests, track technical issues and feedback, perform routine checks on system performance, and bridge the Operations, Product and Engineering teams. As such, you are able to investigate complex and ambiguous technical problems with web-based mobile apps, internet networks, and IoT hardware and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to resolve issues, create solutions and recommend improvements. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to manage a high volume of inbound support requests on a daily basis.
- A strong, effective and resolution-driven communicator that can empathize with users, investigate issues and propose solutions
- Be a subject matter expert on all processes at our mobility sites (from our apps and hardware to operations and business practices) to resolve recurring issues
- A clear and thorough writer who documents progress of inbound support requests through CRM software
- Work with the Operations team to build a playbook and create standard operating procedures for resolving new and recurring support requests
- Work with the Business Development team to inform and advise on new business opportunities
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience working in a high-growth, tech-focused startup environment
- Proficiency using and troubleshooting web-based mobile apps and IoT products (such as IP cameras, point-of-sale systems, etc.)
- Passionate about investigating open-ended problems and discovering solutions
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks at once. Since we’re at the beginning stages of development, there will be no shortage of critical tasks to complete. You thrive in this environment
- Derive enjoyment from learning and innovating. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking results
- Excellent organizational skills, integrity and follow-through on tasks
- IT support experience a plus
- Skills analyzing data in Tableau and SQL a plus
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits