Senior Product Experience Designer
Magic Leap is looking for a Senior Product Experience Designer, assisting in the research, strategy and visual articulation of spatial product concepts and user experiences. Living at the intersection of a user experience designer, industrial designer, and concept artists, this role assists in converting user insights into visual narratives and other design artifacts that facilitate both conceptual understanding and feature decomposition by implementation teams. Magic Leap is a dynamic company: successful candidates can expect to interpret market and user trends, feature definition and prioritization, to quickly visualize functional and emotional experiences.
- Inspire a broad swath of engineers, designers, artists, executives, and program managers with approachable explanations of experiences, applications, and product concepts.
- Utilize a design thinking methodology to discover key user insights that will guide product development.
- Work directly with Sales and Business Development teams to uncover market insights that can directly influence the discovery and ideation of new platform solutions.
- Work directly with Brand Experience teams to incorporate attributes of spatial computing into brand language and other activations.
- Produce high-level visual representations of user experiences and user journeys across a wide variety of consumer and enterprise use cases that highlight the attributes of spatial computing.
- Document best practices for articulating complex spatial computing use cases and user experiences with hand gesture and 6DoF control interaction.
- Adapt key platform features of spatial computing into high-value use cases for enterprise and consumers.
- Minimum of 5 years in a professional Design role; minimum of 2 years in a Design role focused on Spatial Computing platform is desirable
- Bachelor degree in Design or related fields is required for this position
- Proven ability to deliver complex work products with minimal oversight
- Proven ability to be a dynamic visual thinker, quickly computing initial ideas and concepts visually
- Proven ability to work across different styles, programs and mediums, from rough hand sketches to high fidelity digital renderings
- Proven ability to think strategically and visualize complex systems
- Proven expertise in understanding and applying key attributes of spatial computing to various use cases.
- Proven expertise in the development of user experiences and interfaces that are based off a combination of a unique combination of input modes( 6DoF control, Hand gesture, Eye Gaze) and perception constructs (Spatial Anchors, Lightfields)
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a passion for quality balanced with speed and efficiency
- Great understanding of consumer and spatial computing market trends
- Formal education in design or related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.