LearnUpon is looking for an Application Security Engineer to join our team in Dublin.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do. We always act like an owner, lead with curiosity and strive to deliver quality on everything that we do.
Our offices are open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
Our Security team is essential to our Company and is responsible for enhancing and overseeing security for all of LearnUpon and our application. You will be part of a vibrant team and will be responsible for improving the product's security by running manual and automated security tests, collaborating with product delivery teams to identify security requirements for implementing a best-in-class LMS, and strengthening the great company culture that we have in LearnUpon. In this role, you’ll also have the opportunity to work with technical teams on the secure implementation of new technologies to support our development teams. We deliver seamless security improvements that enable our business and we want you to help us achieve this vision.
What will I be doing?
- Planning, executing and reporting on our internal penetration testing program
- Researching and implementing tools to continuously improve and automate our testing program
- Work closely with teams to identify vulnerabilities and risks in our application and supporting environments
- Oversight of the security elements in our SDLC process.
- Assisting in the design and delivery of targeted security awareness training.
- Working with Engineering teams so that security requirements are incorporated into the design of new application features.
- Act as a security champion and support other teams in the delivery of strong security practices
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of professional experience penetration testing, or a similar web application security role.
- Detailed knowledge of current / popular web application vulnerability / attack vectors including, but not limited to, OWASP Top 10.
- Experience using proxy tools to intercept, manipulate and replay HTTP requests.
- A good understanding of common web application architecture (including XHR requests, CORS, CDNs).
- The ability to articulate technical risk to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- A Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. computer science, engineering)
- One or more security certifications such as CISSP / CompTIA Security+ / CEH.
- Experience in developer secure awareness training
- Experience performing secure code reviews
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in security test automation
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer contributed pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off
- Flexible working arrangements
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CEO/CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.