LearnUpon is looking for a Pre-Sales Solution Engineer to join our expanding team in Dublin, Ireland.
LearnUpon, a global leader in the Learning Management System (LMS) category, is changing the way organisations educate their Employees, Customers and Partners. Over 1,100 organisations around the world are using LearnUpon to unlock the power of learning by enabling them to deliver impactful training that fuels success - all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution, not the easy one, and we’re committed to producing work that we can be proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
About the Team
Our Sales team is growing at a tremendous pace in response to very strong demand for LearnUpon’s LMS Platform. This growth has resulted in the need to hire an experienced Pre-Sales Solution Engineer with a track record of helping Sales teams win, who thrives as part of a team, has great communication skills and provides an exceptional pre-sales customer experience.
This is a unique role at LearnUpon as you will be our first Pre-Sales Solution Engineer hire. You will be at the start of a very exciting journey! This role will report to the Head of Sales to primarily support the Sales team however, strong collaboration with our Product, Marketing and Engineering functions will also be required.
What else will I be doing?
- Become an expert in the LearnUpon platform, our product integrations & become an expert in the Learning Management System space
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical & functional expertise through product presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts and ongoing technical consultation
- Drive the adoption of LearnUpon’s solutions within Enterprise & Mid-Market companies by translating technical features into value drivers
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve technical abilities of sales professional
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of LearnUpon’s products
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Collaborate with passion and energy in a fun & fast paced environment
What skills do I need?
- Pre-sales experience in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling enterprise software to business users & executives
- Excellent customer facing and relationship building skills
- Outstanding techno-functional capabilities, comfortable supporting sales teams proactively on relevant opportunities
- Business value focused mindset to uncover prospect’s business challenges and develop solutions to solve them. Demonstrate value from Admin to Executive level
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including communicating with technical audiences on security, privacy, protocols for APIs, etc.
- Excellent team player with cross functional collaboration experience
- Good experience of building proof of concepts or custom demonstrations on software applications, showcasing use case specific solutions & the business value that technology can render for identified pain points
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who manages their time effectively and prioritises what’s important
- Knowledge of other Sales tech stack apps, e.g. Salesforce, Slack, G-suite
- Operates with integrity and respect in everything they do
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a big plus
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Commerce, Business, Marketing, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Previous experience in eLearning, HCM or Digital technologies is highly valued
- Experience of working within a company that has scaled ARR to >$100M
- Ability to travel occasionally for prospect and client meetings (post-COVID of course!)
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events
- Excellent career progression – take LearnUpon where you think it can go
- Structured learning environment
- Competitive salary and company ESOP
- Employer contributed pension
- Private health insurance
- 22 days annual leave
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to a 30 min screening call with our Talent team
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a 90 min interview with our Head of Sales
- If successful, candidates will be invited to a 45 min task-based sales simulation to demonstrate their practical skills
- If successful in that round, candidates will be invited to a 30 min peer-level conversation with a member of the Sales or Product team
- Finally, successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team