KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to local outings, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
This position is a hybrid role open to candidates in the greater Tampa Bay area. This position will require the intern to work in our Clearwater, FL office 3 days a week.
Dates of Program: May 20 - August 9, 2024 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note that the intern would be responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the duration of the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding, and professional development workshops to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team-building activities and awesome socials. For more information on the internship program, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/internships.
The Tech Support Intern position is an opportunity to experience first hand how the Support team operates from a Core Support Tech perspective. The Interns’ Support tasks will be identical to a Core Support Tech with adjustments to the volume of tickets worked. This includes coordinating with CSM and Sales in assisting customers/users with getting up and running via the training console. Core Support Tech Support reps are also first line in resolving help-desk tickets. Additionally, various individual and team projects will be assigned to assess the intern’s grasp of Support processes and procedures.
Tech Support at KnowBe4 is a fast-paced environment that will provide interns with a hands-on learning experience in stellar customer service all while maintaining a fun environment.
- Consult with the organization’s customers or end-users regarding the implementation and configuration of KnowBe4’s products to modify it to suit the customer’s needs
- Work in conjunction with the Product team to provide feedback or other information needed to enhance KnowBe4’s products
- Consult with customers for new product ideas and enhancements related to the KMSAT console
- Communicate directly with clients or end-users to gather details as needed to fully define issues or new requirements
- Work collaboratively with CSM team to quickly resolve customer’s issues
- Monitor the ticketing queue to prioritize, allocate and ensure timely resolution of issue reports and change requests
- Apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the end-user community on issues related to design, development and deployment of KnowBe4 products
- Train customers and end-users on how to best use our training platform including the discussion of best practices to fully deploy the training to its employees
- Understand the need for end-users to be aware of potential threats to security via social engineering
- Deepen the current level of knowledge related to various security concepts
- Establish a sense of accountability and responsibility working in a team environment
- Broaden awareness of various methods and avenues of attack by cybercriminals and how they can be prevented
- Ability to obtain experience in replicating real world technical issues in a virtual environment
- Develop an understanding of defense in depth and other security concepts with hands on experience
- One month of technical support training at the beginning of the internship. Core Support tech training will focus on overall use of the training platform, creating phishing/training campaigns and understanding how to implement a security awareness program in any business environment
- Must be currently enrolled in computer science or similar bachelor degree program (Sophomore or higher)
- Computer Science or similar major
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.