Clearwater positions open to candidates located in greater Tampa Bay area.
The Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) has to have a strong knowledge in modern development processes, architectures, software development best practices and demonstrated experience of successful application of those practices. In addition, this position should have a strong understanding of technical architectures within Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud services.
- Design and develop applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop cloud-based, backend solutions and APIs
- Develop, document, and test software to ensure that the software meets the needs of end-users and achieves high-level business goals
- Develops software using the KnowBe4 Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies
- Recommends solutions to engineering problems
- Assist other team members by providing technical direction
- Defines approaches and solutions to complex technical problems
- Helps to translate KnowBe4's strategic goals into operational plans
- Provides coordination across functional boundaries
- May act as team lead for sub-projects
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine technical requirements
- Advise management on advanced technical, research and/or development programs
- Assume a leadership role for projects assigned
- Frequently collaborate with senior management and/or major customers
- BS or equivalent plus 8 years experience
- MS or equivalent plus 3 years experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent plus 2 years experience
- In-depth understanding of Ruby on Rails framework (RoR)
- Strong experience building production applications using RoR
- Able to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML and related technologies to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with common SQL databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Built applications with current and forward-facing web standards like CSS3 and HTML5
- Use automated unit testing tools
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Nice but not required:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Experience building commercial SaaS applications
- Strong AWS and some DevOps experience (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with websockets
- Experience and enthusiasm to learn and work in different programming languages such as Golang
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.