Technical Support Engineer
Kintent (https://www.kintent.com) is on a mission to make it effortless to earn trust in every business relationship. We believe that if your customers trust you, they will do more with you.
Our first trust use case is focused on data security and privacy compliance. Kintent’s Trust Management Platform democratizes every company’s ability to quickly and cost-effectively adopt formal security and privacy programs, measure the accuracy of the program against compliance standards, and confidently share their program with enterprise customers by using AI to answer security questionnaires.
With Kintent, compliance becomes a habit, is simple to understand and implement, and is continuously testable so that your customers can see that you are adhering to all your compliance obligations.
About the Role
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing daily technical support to Kintent customers, helping them solve their technical and compliance issues. You will work closely with the sales, Customer Success, Engineering and Product teams to deliver exceptional support to our customers.
Position: Full Time
Reports to: Kintent Customer Support Manager
Location: This job requires the successful candidate to live in or near Pune, India, though the job itself will be work-from-home.
The Team Will Rely On You To:
- Drive the resolution of customer issues, maintain happy and satisfied customers, and act as an advocate for the customer.
- Follow Kintent’s customer support process and work to achieve our customer service level agreements.
- Triage support requests by conducting first-level investigation of technical product issues.
- Provide continuous and timely updates on issue resolution status to customers and key internal stakeholders.
- Engage with the engineering team to ensure timely resolution of customer issues according to service level agreements and escalate to your manager when you need assistance in meeting those goals.
- You have a four-year degree with a major in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical degree.
- You have at least two years of experience working in a customer support role.
- Demonstrated customer support technical skills and experience.
- A passion for serving the customer and helping them be successful with Kintent products.
- Strong problem solving capabilities in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application environment.
- You love being the first line of support and troubleshooting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and troubleshoot product issues by reproducing the problem, examining application logs, and reviewing debug messages and stack traces.
- Demonstrated capabilities using the Chrome Browser Development Toolset when appropriate to solve specific problems.
- You have a strong command of the English language with excellent written skills and very good verbal communication skills.
- You are a quick learner and inquisitive about new products and features with the desire to ramp up your troubleshooting skills with new releases.
- You are independent but you are also willing to reach out to your manager and other Kintent employees when you need assistance.
Additional Skills That Will Help You Stand Out
- Experience using the DataDog logging tool to analyze and investigate problems with the SaaS system.
- Experience with the ZenDesk CRM tool is a big plus.
- Experience with using Slack as a key team and customer communications tool.
- Willingness to be assigned shift work such as 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Pune time.
- Ability to work alone as well as with a team, using sound judgement when engaging customers.
- Experience using online communication tools such as Zoom and Google Meet to attend meetings with both Kintent employees as well as customers.
- Experience using Atlassian/Jira is a big plus.
About The Kintent Customer Support Manager
- The manager of our customer support team has had decades of experience working with remote and offshore teams.
- He has traveled to India many times to work closely with teams and individuals there.
- This includes Pune where he managed quite a large team at a well known Pune contracting firm.
- His fondness for Pune began after his first visit during the Festival of Diwali.
- He is eager to begin working with you as soon as possible.
Do You Align With Our Values?
Kintent’s values are resilient THREADs that are stitched into the very fabric of our culture.
- TRUST: We strive to continuously earn the trust of our team, customers, investors and all other stakeholders - proving we are dependable.
- HEALTH: We are diligent caretakers of the health of the business, but never prioritize it over the mental and physical health of our team.
- RESPECT: We are passionate about being respectful and courteous. There’s no excuse for being a jerk.
- EVIDENCE BASED DECISIONS: Our strategy and operations are driven by evidence, which we collect from our customers, product, team, and partners.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We are fanatical about transparency, and hold ourselves accountable for everything we do.
- DIVERSITY: We work hard to nurture a team that is diverse in identity, belief, background, thought, and experience. Our diversity makes us stronger.
We celebrate diversity at Kintent. To Joyfully Craft a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Kintent is committed to developing a barrier-fee recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.