KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is currently seeking a dedicated, experienced and entrepreneurial Ad Sales Associate Manager (IC) to join our ad sales team. In this role you will manage some of our media partnerships, agency relationships, as well as help accelerate our key growth areas in North America. This candidate will work closely with global members from the Commercial team at large and can thrive in a fast paced, data-driven environment. If you have a proven track record in closing deals and an enthusiasm for relationship building, this is the role for you!
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales pipeline across our endemic verticals (Flight, Hotel, Car, Package) and OTA (online travel agency) partnerships to exceed quarterly targets
- Build strategic proposals, media plans and presentations for your advertisers based on their campaign goals and measurement objectives
- Close new business by energetically working with prospective advertisers
- Conduct in person meetings and attend industry conferences (it’s coming back!)
- Use our vast amounts of easily accessible data to better understand platform trends and insights, as well as supporting the development of new opportunities with AdTech/Product
- Collaborate closely with client success to actively monitor performance and maintain consultative relationships with clients that include ongoing optimization recommendations
- Work cross-functionally with internal partners to develop new ad products and process improvements
- Contribute to team strategy and processes to drive long-term partner success
- Evangelize KAYAK’s value proposition and the power of Travel Metasearch
- Stay attuned and responsive to the evolving competitive landscape of digital advertising and travel search sites to help identify and supply ideas on how we can remain best-in-class
Please apply if:
- 2-5 years of digital advertising sales experience or similar work history
- Knowledge of the digital landscape including: Display, Native, Mobile, Social, Email, Programmatic & Data
- Travel/Tourism and/or Agency experience preferred
- Excels at selling data-driven products and services
- Advanced presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills (with a can-do attitude!)
- Goal driven and ambitious self-starter with ability to deliver on targets without constant supervision
- Good sense of humor and loves working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- HUNGRY to learn/team player
- Willingness to travel
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business preferred, but not necessary
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1
#LI - Remote