KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Reporting to our Chief Communications Officer, our Senior Director of Internal Communications will support the OpenTable brand and joint OpenTable & KAYAK internal initiatives.
We are looking for someone who can join our team to help consistently communicate business priorities, closely partner with our executives on communications, reinforce our values and empower and excite employees around the world in a remote-first environment.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead strategic internal comms strategies to motivate, engage and empower employees globally
- Serve as a consultant for executive team and key leaders during times of growth and change
- Work in partnership with our global HR/people team to roll out employee programs
- Drive the creation of essential communications; e.g. town hall decks, announcements, newsletter content, video scripts - ensuring that they reflect our global messaging
- Keep a finger on the pulse of employee sentiment worldwide and offer strategies and ideas to ensure our brands maintain their reputation as a great place to work
- Bring best in class tools and creative ideas to the table to help us craft our internal narrative
- Plan, launch and manage content on our company intranet
- Ensure we are dimensionalizing and reinforcing our values across all comms touchpoints
- Take a hands-on approach to IC operations including Town Halls, team wiki and IT coordination
Please apply if:
- 10+ years of internal comms experience
- Proven track record for managing internal communications during key growth periods; working at a tech company is a plus
- Experience working with and coaching c-level execs on internal comms
- Comfortable working in a data-driven environment; strong project management skills
- A self-starter who can move quickly and manage competing priorities
- Strong writer with the ability to craft high quality engaging and strategic content
- Work local PR comms specialists to implement joint PR and IC initiatives / tactics around the world
- This position has two direct reports
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”