KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
About the Team
We are inspired by our fast-paced environment. The Finance organization is comprised of highly motivated, high performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement. We work hard but also know how to have fun and work cohesively as a team. We enjoy partnering cross functionally and strive for seamless internal and external customer interactions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the North America Accounts Payable team and Order to Cash functions (global revenue, global billing, North America Cash & Collections)
- Run day-to-day accounts payable operations of which includes invoice processing, T&E reimbursements, vendor creation, and payment processing
- Build close relationships with the Commercial team and advise them on all Order to Cash related matters.
- Champion a culture of service excellence and be accountable for meeting agreed critical metrics for each area of Order to Cash process.
- Work cross-functionally with various business owners to drive process improvements and automation into the order to cash processes, bringing best in class practices and creative solutions to accounting operations
- Develop a deep understanding of revenue streams and key customers to ensure an efficient and streamlined Order to Cash process.
- Coordinate with accounting team to ensure all deadlines are aligned with month-end close
- Use in-depth accounting knowledge to make decisions related to general ledger mapping
- Active involvement in the bankruptcy process and managing bankrupt customers
- Work closely with Accounting on topics such as: bank reconciliations, revenue, bad debt expense, and write-offs
Please apply if:
- Work time zone will primarily be eastern standard time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of experience in the Order to Cash function with at least 5 years of supervisory/management experience
- Strong people management experience, ideally both onsite and remote direct reports, and a keen interest in coaching and developing individuals.
- Comfortable working in a rapid change environment and be willing to actively participate in projects to process improvements.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proactive, self-motivated and hands-on demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Salesforce a plus
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”