KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
In this role, you will:
As HR Manager (Regional People Partner) your main purpose will be to support the Senior HR Business Partner and the wider business, by delivering a robust advisory and case management service to the organisation.
As part of the People & Culture Team you will support the delivery of the People Team’s key objectives and support the aims and values of KAYAK | OpenTable. The role requires a sound understanding of local legislation and employment practices.
This is a regional role, looking after the UK, Ireland, Spain, France and The Netherlands.
About Our Role:
- You will be the first point of call for key managers in your region
- Proactively build trusting relationships with people managers and individual contributors to support the implementation of People & Culture initiatives
- Build knowledge and understanding of regional legislation in order to provide advice and support in those markets
- Work with HR Services and Payroll team to ensure accountability for benefits, payroll, HR administration and vendor requests for region/country.
- Working proactively with colleagues across the global HR Operations Team, ensuring policies and letter templates are aligned with changing employment legislation and practices.
- Proactively looking at ways to improve the P&C function and contribute to the agenda.
- Lead on the provision of high quality and timely advice to managers on a range of often complex HR Employee Relations issues, enabling managers to make informed decisions and maximise employee performance.
- Provide HR advice on formal employment-related issues such as disciplinaries, capability, grievance and absence management, ensuring the managers are briefed and follow the correct process.
- Develop effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations and embed HR processes across the business, building credibility through being a trusted expert on HR matters
- Ensuring that all policies are regularly reviewed and legislative changes are sent through to the HR Operations team on in a timely manner
- Ensure that HR information, whether on IT systems or paper, is accurately recorded, managed and analysed to provide high-quality management information.
- Contribute as required to allocated HR project work including research and preparation of reports and assist others in the department with their projects
- Assist / Manage short and long term sick leave
- Advise employees on Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental leave.
Please apply if you have:
- Kindness and a growth mindset
- Prior experience working in a similar role
- CIPD Qualified or part qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong PC skills with strong Excel skills, HR systems (Workday) able to run HR-connected reports, G-suite;
- Experience in a Global Matrix organisation would be advantageous
- Vacation: 25 days
- One Celebration Day per calendar year
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to a meditation app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- Private Health & Dental and Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pension Fund
- Gym Discount
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.