KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are currently seeking a Regional Manager who will be at the center of our commercial and growth activities for the Chile, Argentina and Peru markets. The Regional Manager is responsible for growing the KAYAK business and carrying out business development, advertising sales with direct partners and through media agencies, product ideas and localization. Also working closely with Public Relations and Marketing to build the most relevant strategies for the market, while being KAYAK’s authorized spokesperson in the region.
The position requires to have a solid experience in Ad Sales via Media agencies or directly with brands in the region.
The position will be based in Chile and will report to the Senior Director, Commercial Latin America, who holds the market responsibility.
Please submit all applications in English.
In this role, you will:
- Develop the investment of the actual partners, build and grow new business relationships with partners from different travel verticals that include airlines, hotel chains, car rentals and others.
- Develop a commercial strategy for long-term sustained success.
- Build and develop a commercial funnel for the region. Take initiative to prospect advertisers (digital ad sales), conduct calls and in-person meetings pitching KAYAK ad solutions. Create proposals and close deals via the Media Agencies or directly with the brands.
- Work closely with the operations/account management team to build and maintain successful relationships with clients, including ongoing consultation and support.
- Prospect and manage barters, content partnerships and any kind of alliances that maximises business and affiliates.
- Identify gaps & improve existing relationships in terms of revenue generation
- Help coordinating localization efforts and optimization of the local KAYAK site, with our central IT, quality management and marketing departments, to provide the best user experience possible
- Work along with Commercial and Marketing teams to see opportunities and facilitate harmonies between markets.
- Support managing the PR agency and coordinate PR efforts; act as a representative of the brand in the market, supported by the Latin America Marketing team.
Please apply if:
At least 5 years of proven experience in the digital industry selling digital advertising products. Travel industry experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge and field experience of the local digital and online environment, media agencies and brands.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill is a must including advanced excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to handle sophisticated, wide-ranging relationships
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Consistent track record of going above and beyond through outstanding project management
- Lead projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Ability to effectively liaison with both internal technical teams and senior members of KAYAK
- Good sense of humor while working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- BA/BS degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Travel requirement: 25%
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1