KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join KAYAK's Search Analytics Team! This person should love working on analyzing, interpreting, modeling, and extracting knowledge from large volumes of data. Good candidates should have a passion for processing data to help drive better business decisions in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Using predictive analytics and machine learning to build new products or drive business decisions
- Writing scripts to extract, clean, and process data
- Creating dashboards and visualizations to identify trends, anomalies
- Investigating data problems, identifying patterns
Please apply if:
- You have a university degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Math/Physics
- Minimum of Master's degree
- Background in Statistics
- Knowledge of Machine Learning
- SQL and database experience is a must, with Hive/Hadoop a plus
- Good programming skills with at least one high-level language such as Python or Java
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting
We are looking for a team player who likes to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level. Someone who can handle a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritize their own work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account. Must have excellent technical communication skills.
Come join the team at KAYAK and help us build the best travel metasearch website in the world!
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Catered lunches twice a week
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.