KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our FP&A team and drive financial analysis and insight. You will serve as an integral member of a team responsible for forecasting and managing the full P&L (revenue and expenses) for KAYAK and OpenTable, and serving as analytical and strategic business partners throughout the organization.
You will provide our senior management team with forecasts and budgets, performance reporting, fundamental understanding of fluctuations and business dynamics, and other financial and operational information to be used in strategic decision-making. The position will require collaboration across various departments and with your team members daily. The ideal candidate will excel in planning, forecasting, reporting, and analytics, and will have an eye toward continuous improvement and streamlining of processes and reporting.
In this role, you will:
- Assist our senior management team in preparing quarterly forecasts and ongoing forecast updates to support decision-making
- Participate in the annual budgeting and strategic planning process
- Build and maintain robust driver-based forecasting models
- Work with our leadership teams to analyze goals, trends, and operating results
- Manage monthly financial reporting, including variance analysis (actuals versus budget/forecast and prior periods)
- Prepare periodic financial reports evaluating and interpreting our financial performance
- Report and present to key partners
- Identify and recommend spending and investment alternatives across all operational areas
- Support the management of relevant key performance indicators; work across the team to develop/optimize KPI reporting
- Perform ad hoc analyses and support the overall finance department
Please apply if:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of related professional experience; FP&A experience preferred. Investment banking or management consulting background is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel (can perform complex functions) and financial modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, coordinate, and analyze significant amounts of data
- Workday Adaptive Insights experience a plus
- Project management and presentation skills
- Inherent curiosity about operational efficiency and improving financial performance
- Great teammate with a “no task is too small” approach
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others, and work well with people at a wide range of levels and functions
- International experience a plus
- Marketing experience a plus
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.