KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for a travel (and traveler) obsessed, experienced, and skilled marketing Brand Director to lead brand strategy and campaign execution for KAYAK in the US and Canada.
As the Brand Director for KAYAK, you will be responsible for developing brand strategy, positioning, creative excellence, and best in class campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels that make an impact. You will help us solve complex and exciting business challenges by using our data and insights to build groundbreaking brand campaigns and programs that are equal parts strategic and creative.
You will lead a team of highly skilled brand marketers and project managers and can expect a fast paced work environment where creativity and high team engagement are the key pillars.
We seek a person with 10+ years of experience in the marketing/creative industry coming from a client or agency, and you will be reporting to the Vice President for NORAM Marketing.
The ideal candidate is inherently curious, is an expert in managing in-house teams as well as agency partners, and has the desire to produce work that stands out in a category that too often relies on palm trees and the promise of the lowest price to drive brand perception.
The KAYAK North American marketing team is based in our Stamford, CT office but will work cross-functionally with regional commercial and marketing teams as well as Global Marketing, commercial and product. KAYAK’s work from (almost) anywhere policy enables flexibility in where this individual will reside, but given the dynamic nature of the role, in-office collaboration, as well as business travel, will be expected on a semi-regular cadence.
We expect the right candidate to have a broad knowledge of both the US & Canada markets, with a strong desire to keep on top of the pulse of the evolving world of travel.
In this role, you will:
- Be the champion of the KAYAK brand
- Champion brand positioning and strategy including development of tentpole brand advertising (and day-to-day management of external agency partners)
- Lead end-to-end campaign development including identifying insights and audiences, developing strategy, briefing creation, defining messaging and channel planning
- Launch campaigns and programs owning the go-to-market strategy and messaging across large cross-functional teams
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, and commercial teams to align on priority programs and activities and ensure a fully integrated, cohesive approach to all activities
- Partner with analytics, media, and creative teams to test creative and integrated findings, ensuring that campaigns are constantly optimized and evolving
- Put in place feedback loops to ensure creative is delivering against company goals, and optimizing for short and long term impacts
- Deeply understand and articulate the KAYAK customer and prospective customer; fully understanding new and competitive products, trends, and opportunities and translate these findings into brand strategies
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of brand marketers
Please apply if:
- 10+ years of experience with brand strategy work from client or agency
- Strong marketing, media, and creative experience
- Deep understanding of brand awareness/growth channels and broad understanding of all marketing channels (paid, earned, acquisition based, influencer, etc.)
- Track record of breakthrough newsworthy campaigns, creativity, and innovative thinking
- Highly strategic, business-minded and results oriented marketer with the ability to extract insights from multiple data sources, and make informed decisions that balance the art and science required to build a lasting brand
- A decisive problem solver capable of marrying past experiences with fresh thinking
- Thrives in a collaborative environment with strong interpersonal skills and experience building reliable working relationships across all types of leaders
- Experience managing large cross-functional teams to bring campaigns to market
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills – must be able to convey ideas
- Strong project management and mentoring abilities
- Comfortable multitasking to ensure timelines are met
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.