KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for an Associate HR Manager to join our Regional People & Culture Team. You will also be part of the wider People Business Partner Team, where your input is valued and your voice heard. We lead with empathy and have a genuinely lovely team environment, where we challenge and support each other equally.
You will provide partnership and guidance to the leaders and employees in our region. Our main region is the United Kingdom (200) plus small populations in Ireland(2), Spain(10)and France(4).
You will have full accountability across a generalist remit for your region within the group. You will work closely with the HR Operations Team, HRIS and Payroll teams to ensure we provide great service to our colleagues and leaders.
The role requires a sound understanding of local legislation and employment practices, allowing for partnership and alignment with the HR Business Partners and the overall company vision.
In this role, you will:
- Build trust-based relationships with people managers and individual contributors to implement People & Culture initiatives that meet the objectives of OpenTable & Kayak.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of regional legislation, which ensures advice and support is built on a foundation and understanding of legal risk.
- Proactively and effectively address complex employee relations and performance issues, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and customers.
- Liaise with local benefits brokers to ensure benefits are updated
- Partner with HR Business Partners globally to understand the wider organisational needs of their teams, and implement strategies that meet and exceed the company objectives.
- Work as part of the wider P&C team to manage cyclical HR processes including engagement surveys, performance management and merit cycle processes.
- Work closely with outside counsel to be the subject matter expert for regional immigration practices
- Work with the regional leadership team to identify learning needs, and liaise with external providers and the L&D Manager to implement, roll out and train.
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee growth and retention efforts.
- Working proactively with colleagues across the global HR Operations team to ensure an integrated approach to HR service delivery.
- Advise the HR Operations Team on policies and letter templates to ensure compliance with changing employment legislation and practices.
- Support change management/restructuring processes.
- Proactively looking at ways to improve the P&C function and contribute to the agenda.
Please apply if you:
- Lead with empathy
- Have the ability to be vulnerable
- Are highly organised with a keen eye for detail
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Have a growth mindset
- Some experience as a HR Manager / similar role.
- Have the ability to be assertive in a respectful manner
- Are passionate about coaching and developing leaders
- Can work well within a team
- Are able to drive and motivate yourself
- Can challenge the status quo
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have prior experience with Workday, or a similar HRIS
- Have previous experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.