KAYAK is currently seeking a Country Manager, DACH (4-7 years experience) who will help lead and promote our commercial activities in DACH by building and maintaining business relationships with travel partners.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of consumer behaviour, outstanding analytical and account management skills and the ability to partner closely with KAYAK’s global marketing, product, engineering and business teams. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will be based in London.
Please submit all applications in English.
- P&L accountability for KAYAK’s brands in DACH.
- Measure and analyse business, partnership and product performance quantitatively, providing thought leadership on appropriate metrics and product tests.
- Formulate and implement business strategies for the regions, looking holistically across and working closely with commercial (our team), marketing, product and technology.
- Build positive relationships with existing local flight partners (account management).
- Enhance existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and form new partnerships to benefit KAYAK’s product and users.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/implement a plan to close the gap.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with a cross-functional team, including marketing, finance, engineering and product teams, to identify, raise, and resolve issues.
- Help coordinate localization efforts and optimization of the local KAYAK site, with our central tech, quality management and marketing departments, to provide the best user experience possible.
- Be a real great teammate and partner with other Country Managers in the region to identify and improve harmonies between markets.
- Native German & excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Be ready to represent KAYAK in conferences and press events.
- 4-7 years of relevant commercial experience (travel industry or management consulting or investment banking or digital marketing experience is a plus).
- Ideally meta industry experience.
- Embody the KAYAK ethos - Be Bold, Love Numbers, Win As One. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must (advanced excel and power-point preferred).
- Good financial literacy and familiarity with budgeting processes.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and navigate across a global organisation.
- University degree required, specialized / advanced or leading degrees an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex, dynamic relationships, with both internal and external partners.
- Good business nous - understand what is going on in the competitive landscape and how that applies to our business.
- Consistent track record of exceeding expectations as a project manager and team leader.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with strong attention to detail.
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 5 weeks paid holiday
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension fund
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.