We are currently seeking a Manager in Media Solutions & Sales, responsible for driving digital advertising revenue from travel partners (DMOs, airlines, hotels, car rentals, packages) and advertising agencies in South Korea. This person will be working closely with the Commercial team and be an integral part of the growing team for HotelsCombined & KAYAK APAC.
- Build and maintain advertising client portfolio of travel partners across flight, hotel, car rental and package verticals as well as related non-travel providers across South Korea.
- Improve existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and form new partnerships to benefit product and users.
- Analyse and supervise the performance of clients’ advertising campaigns on HotelsCombined/KAYAK.
- Measure product performance using business and user metrics, work with dedicated account managers to establish relevant reports and provide best solutions to your clients.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel sites, identify weaknesses, formulate and implement a plan to close the gap.
- Build proposals and presentations and meeting with new and existing advertising clients regularly to present these optimally.
- Clearly communicate progress of campaigns to clients and internal partners.
- Lead all aspects of advertising campaigns from start to finish.
- Collaborate closely with the account management to manage relationships with clients that include strategic consultation, support and campaign renewal.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Professional proficiency in Korean and English languages with excellent written and verbal communication.
- 5-8 years proven track record in selling digital advertising or comparable experience.
- University degree with a strong academic record.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Target driven and validated self-starter with ability to deliver on targets results.
- Self-motivated & detailed, able to work independently.
- Expert at building effective relationships (both externally & internally).
- Solid understanding of the online media industry (SEM, Display, Programmatic, Google Analytics, etc).
- Good sense of humour and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Strong local knowledge and insights and within the travel industry.
- Must have full South Korean work rights as this is a permanent role.
- Experience working with global teams in multiple locations would be highly helpful.
- Existing network in digital media sales (direct clients and agency) would be a huge bonus.
- Fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Commission and merit-based bonuses.
- We like to achieve a balance between work and life... so have flexible working hours and the option to work remotely as needed, and a fabulous office in Seoul.
- Work with a really inquisitive, fun group of people.
- Day off for your birthday!
- Relaxed dress code.
About HotelsCombined and KAYAK:
HotelsCombined was acquired by Booking Holdings in late 2018 and merged with the KAYAK brand soon after. South Korea is one of the largest markets for HotelsCombined globally.
At KAYAK, we help millions of travellers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travellers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including Swoodoo, Checkfelix, Momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.