KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support KAYAK’s Commercial team in North America. This is a business-centered position, but attention to detail and strong analytical skills are very much necessary! This person should feel comfortable working with large amounts of data, be ambitious and proactive in analyzing, investigating and prioritizing information found across multiple data sets and sources. The ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment is key for this position.
This position will be based in our Stamford, CT office.
- Monitor daily performance of all verticals in North America: be on top of traffic changes, shifts in business metrics, product updates and A/B tests
- Support the North America commercial team by acting as a point of reference for data related questions, and by fulfilling all partners' reporting and internal analytics requests
- Troubleshoot and assure data quality in external partners’ conversion tracking implementations
- Produce easy to read and insightful reports, graphs and tables for external consumption and help the commercial team understand the numbers
- Maintain and assure data quality in dashboards and reports for internal use
- Investigate discrepancies in key business metrics among different reporting and data sources
- Define the needed critical metrics and use insights to drive decisions in conjunction with the rest of the commercial team
- Continuously improve the processes and reporting capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Economics, IT, or similar
- 3+ years relevant experience. Travel/E-commerce experience is a plus
- Excellent MS Excel, PowerPoint and G Suite knowledge
- Experience in big data and strong working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with reporting systems and software visualization tools. Knowledge of Tableau, Cognos, Salesforce a plus
- Results-oriented, with high attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and ability to learn
- Team oriented and excited to take up the challenges
- Ability to optimally liaise and communicate with other internal KAYAK teams
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home 1 or 2 days per week
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- No meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team events/excursions*
- Universal paid parental leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
KAYAK is open to remote candidates for this position.