Internship program will be carried out at our office in Kaunas.
KAYAK is looking for curious and bold software engineering interns with the dedication to accomplish awesome projects and contribute to our vision - help people experience the world through travel and dining!
You will be taking part in every stage of our engineering process, from idea generation, to coding and testing. Ready for a new challenge?
This is a paid internship opportunity with a minimum length of 4 months.
*openings in several teams: backend, full-stack.
Responsibilities / Activities
- You will work closely with either front-end / back-end /data engineering teams based globally;
- You will create brand new and improve existing features with the help of your mentor;
- You will diagnose and identify the source of reported issues and will learn how to achieve the results in a timely manner.
- You have college Junior-level Computer Science or programming skills;
- You can perform with solid programming fundamentals;
- SQL experience is valued, but not required,
- You are able to communicate fluently in English.
- Real passion for code quality, rigor in testing;
- Strong analytical mindset;
- Own view on front end or back end technology;
- High energy, hungry to learn, not afraid to ask questions;
- Team member who loves to engage at a professional and personal level.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your birthday
- Flexible hours
- Headspace subscription
- Regular team events/excursions
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.