KAYAK’s Android apps are used by millions of people around the world to plan, book and manage their travel. Our mission is not only to provide the smartest tools to plan and manage our users’ trips – we want to help them experience the world through travel. Do you want to be part of our vision? Do you want to engage with mission-critical systems? Do you want your work to have a direct impact on end users? If your answer to all of these is yes, then let’s get in touch!
We are currently looking for a senior Android engineer to join our team in Berlin, Germany. KAYAK is a global company so look forward to collaborating with colleagues in Boston, Berlin, and all the way over in Sydney. Our ideal candidates are passionate about contemporary mobile technologies, and love making beautiful, robust apps.
At KAYAK, developers work closely with product managers and designers to shape and build products people love. As an engineer on the Android team, you will be responsible for actively building, testing and evolving our Android app. We are looking for a developer who takes pride in what they do, and makes an effort to devise the simplest and cleanest solutions for even the toughest technical challenges.
● Develop features for the KAYAK Android phone and tablet apps
● Participate in innovation, design and architecture of the apps
● Ability to diagnose and tackle mobile networking performance issues
● Effectively communicate your coding solutions and articulate the reasons for your decisions
● Work optimally with UI designers
● BS or higher Computer Science or related field
● Senior software developer with 3+ years of Android application development experience using Java/Kotlin
● Experience developing and shipping one or more real-world Android applications
● Ability to empathize with our end-users’ needs and help define their key experiences
● Strong debugging, algorithm design and problem-solving skills
● Source control management experience using Git
● Strong communication and collaboration skills
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget *
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
* currently paused due to COVID
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.