While creating the most powerful tool to help people experience the world, we are always on the lookout for curious engineers who would be up for a challenge. Taking bold decisions, loving numbers and working as one is how our day to day looks. With a team build of top skilled technology ninjas you will have all the support needed to join us in our mission to create the best existing travel search engine that has ever existed.
- Focus on UI to take our industry-leading website to the next level;
- Building the compelling user experiences to keep our product a step ahead of the competition;
- A smart, enthusiastic software engineer with a willingness to learn;
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment;
- Hands on and self-motivated professional.
- Implementing features on existing pages;
- Creating new pages according to given specifications;
- Doing your part in ensuring product quality by writing tests and maintaining them;
- Understanding business models and requirements.
- 1+ years professional development experience
- Solid understanding of at least one JS framework (React is preferred)
- Experience in using Git
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Familiarity with Java, C# or other backend language
- Ability to debug issues in a full stack environment
- Team player
- SQL experience is a plus, but not required
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your birthday
- Free lunch once a week
- Flexible hours
- Headspace subscription
- Regular team events/excursions
- Additional paid paternity leave
- Generous healthcare insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
When joining KAYAK/OT you will be entitled to our compensation package. In addition to the regular salary, you will have a possibility to be granted RSU and annual bonus under KAYAK’s internal rules. The base salary is from 1000 EUR to 2100 EUR (net). Other bonuses depend on your performance