KAYAK is seeking an Associate Manager/Manager, Commercial who will help lead and grow KAYAK and HotelsCombined brands in Japan by building and managing business relationships with our travel partners.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of consumer behaviour, strong sales experience, analytical skills and the ability to work closely with marketing, product, engineering and business teams. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter and who will thrive in a fast-paced and data-driven environment and to represent our brands in Japan.
This position will be based in Tokyo or Osaka and will report to the Regional Director, APAC. You must be eligible to work in Japan, and be comfortable working remotely and collaborating with a global team. Native level fluency in Japanese and English is essential.
- Formulate and execute on business for the region, looking holistically across commercial, sales and technology with the key focus of growing revenue for both KAYAK and our business partners
- Promote KAYAK / Hotelscombined with new and existing distribution and advertising partners in flights, hotels, packages, car rentals, train and cruises
- Have a passion for user-centric digital products, identifying and filling content gaps versus competitors
- Work closely with a cross-functional team, including marketing, finance, engineering and product teams, to identify, escalate, and resolve issues
- Measure and analyse business and product performance quantitatively, providing thought leadership on appropriate metrics and product tests
- Focusing on sales; finding new leads and managing existing partner relationships
- Embody the KAYAK ethos - Be Bold, Love Numbers, Win As One. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
- 2-6 years of relevant experience (travel industry or management consulting experience is a plus)
- Undergraduate degree from a leading university preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with strong attention to detail
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and navigate across a global organisation
- Good financial literacy and familiarity with budgeting processes a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- As the face of KAYAK/HotelsCombined in Japan, you will need to have native level Japanese and English language skills
- Must be eligible to work in Japan
- A good sense of humour
Benefits and perks:
- Day off on your birthday
- We like to achieve a balance between work and life, so have flexible working hours
- Work with a really smart, fun group of people
- Relaxed dress code (except for client facing meetings)
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.