We are seeking a Senior Accountant to support the Global GL Accounting and Reporting team at KAYAK and OpenTable. The Accountant’s responsibilities will include a mix of reporting, analysis and GL accounting. The successful candidate should have a solid understanding of US GAAP, display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and possess an eagerness to learn and execute.
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for various financial activities. Research and propose resolution for discrepancies or identified issues.
- Prepare monthly financial statement fluctuation analyses for management reporting
- Work cross-functionally with and support our internal business partners and Parent Company by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify areas for operational improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes.
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as they arise
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- 3-4 years’ experience with at least 2 years Public Accounting (Public/Private mix preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Be comfortable working in a rapid change environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- NetSuite and Hyperion experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.