KAYAK is seeking a talented, experienced and self motivated Ad Sales Manager to look after some our of largest markets in Europe. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the DACH advertising media landscape and would have worked successfully building and maintaining strong media agency and client direct relationships. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will report into the Senior Director, Ad Sales and Partnerships EMEA. This position requires travel
- Build and maintain business relationships with partners across flight, hotel, package, and rental car, dining as well related non travel providers
- Maximize existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and form new partnerships to benefit KAYAK and OpenTable’s product and users.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of content on KAYAK and of partnerships with third parties.
- Develop strong relationships with the KAYAK and OpenTable commercial teams.
- Measure product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/execute a plan to close the gap.
- At least three years of relevant experience, travel industry experience a plus
- Media agency sales background
- Ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships
- Proven track record of exceeding targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Fluency in German is a required
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix, HotelsCombined and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK and OpenTable is an independently managed subsidiary of The Booking Holdings Group.