In this position, you'll be responsible for activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) compliance including the performance and documentation of design and operating efficiency testing, and the maintenance of risk matrices and process flow diagrams. In addition, you will drive the planning and execution of special purpose projects related to process and system improvements, and initiatives within the Accounting department. You are a fit if you have experience with SOX, internal controls and Accounting, display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, have outstanding interpersonal skills, and possess an eagerness to think outside of the box and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Perform annual risk assessment and update Company risk matrices.
- Assess design and operating efficiency of controls to ensure they mitigate identified risks.
- Maintain and update internal control documentation including process flow diagrams, narratives, and design and operating effectiveness testing.
- Monitor remediation of control deficiencies identified and provide recommendations for operational improvements.
- Identify gaps or limitations within our financial processes and systems, and work with senior leaders and global teams to develop and implement project plans that will resolve these issues
- Drive project plans including tracking and communicating progress of projects, adhering to deadlines, and ensuring projects are SOX compliant.
Your Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA Preferred)
- 3-4 years of experience (Public Accounting Preferred)
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP, COSO and SOX
- Ability to build solid relationships with senior leaders, global cross-functional teams, and external consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong excel and data analysis skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the world make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave