We are looking for an experienced designer to be a strategic design contributor and lead design projects for our mobile web and native app platforms. You must have a developed aesthetic taste that is distinctive and admired. You love details and pixel-perfection. You will concept, design and ship applications that millions of people use in order to find and book their travel. This role is in our Berlin office. From here you will be working with a global team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers to create, deliver, and test digital travel products.
- Understand customer needs in our markets around the world and shape our experiences to meet those needs
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail. Own the success or failure of your design work
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes for A/B experiments, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- ‘Systems Thinking' of how to approach design and each of the areas it impacts, both now and in the potential future.
- Be a leader, setting examples for other designers and teaching them
- 4+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused product companies delivering extraordinary user experiences.
- The ability to direct, drive, and ship features inside an ever growing and experimenting company
- Excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. Able to break down and simplify complex problems and being confident at presenting to a mixed audience of different levels in the organization
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed interaction and visual design
- A user–focused design mentality. Experienced in acquiring user feedback, whether its, conducting usability studies, performing user research, or designing options for A/B tests
- Experienced working in a dynamic design process where we let quantitative and qualitative customer data guide our designs
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-direct and prioritize. Demonstrate an attention to detail about your work that your teammates can rely on
- A positive attitude toward your work, including curiosity to learn and a willingness to adapt as new and different challenges constantly emerge
- An online portfolio
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.