We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading trip planning tool. We parse emails from over 500 travel sites and create thousands of new trips every single day. KAYAK - Trips helps our users to keep all their booking receipts in one place, neatly organized in an itinerary. On top of real-time check-in, flight status and gate change alerts the platform also offers a feature to share your trip with friends and to collaborate with fellow travelers.
- You are going to be an essential member of a high-powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people keep track of their trips and plan their future ones! Plus, you’ll be able to try out your most exciting ideas during our HackWeeks. And you’ll get to be the first to play with new and exciting travel features (while getting paid for it).
- You implement new backend Trips features
- You improve existing features with an eye towards speed and user experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience
- Spring, SQL, HTTP, XML, JSON
- Bonus Points: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, AWS, Git, Tomcat, Apache
- Willing to learn and experiment with new technologies
- You are a passionate software engineer with strong backend experience
- You are comfortable in a dynamic startup environment
- You are hands on and ambitious
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Day off on your Birthday
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions
- Additional paid paternity leave
- Annual education budget
- Generous healthcare insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
When joining KAYAK/OT you will be entitled to our compensation package. In addition to the regular salary, you will have a possibility to be granted RSU and annual bonus under KAYAK’s internal rules. The base salary is from 1000 EUR to 2100 EUR (netto). Other bonuses depend on your performance.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.