The People Operations team at KAYAK | OpenTable is all about improving the employee experience while always considering efficiency and scalability
The People Operations Lead will be accountable for supporting and applying regional standard processes and local requirements for HR operations that will be used by People teams around the EMEA Region. You’ll also be a local subject matter guide for processes and regulations for Germany and Switzerland, with direct accountability for the accuracy of employee data and transactions for those countries. The incumbent will partner closely with the Global People Operations Manager and the People Operations Lead - North America to ensure global standard processes are being applied, and also to operationalize new processes.
If you are highly organized, excellent at working with people, and ready to learn, let’s talk!
In this role you will:
- Develop a team of HR Coordinators by setting expectations, providing feedback and managing workloads.
- Promote the adoption of global standard processes across the EMEA region to ensure a coordinated and global approach to HR service delivery.
- Ensure speedy and efficient responses to all day to day / first line HR and benefits queries from employees across the region.
- Ensure that new and/or revised regional processes and standard operating procedures are well understood, trained, and implemented at Kayak and Opentable.
- Maintain accurate employee records, run HR transactions in our systems and balance report / data requests for Germany and Switzerland.
- Process employee changes, terminations, and related processes including communications, notifications, filing and HR systems updates.
- Engage new hires, coordinating all the elements of their on-boarding and serving as a resource for them and for their manager.
- Support maternity / paternity leave administration for Germany and Switzerland.
- Assist with activities related to payroll and benefits administration.
- Be an internal champion for our employees; Raising issues as appropriate and collaborating with other teams to address their needs and concerns.
- Actively work with different Regional partners on any operational issues that may arise.
- Lead periodic internal process audits and assessments of the control environment across the EMEA region.
- Provide analytics and reporting about people to all company partners.
- Experience working as a HR Administrator or experience of a graduate placement specializing in HR.
- Knowledge of current employment legislation; Specifically, in Germany and Switzerland.
- Experiencing leading a remote team.
- A continuous focus on improving the customer experience.
- An interest in asking questions to clarify or confirm key information.
- Proven attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Strong German language skills. Both spoken and written.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to balance sensitive and highly confidential information appropriately.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
You might also have:
- Experience with employee legislation in other EMEA countries.
- A High degree of adaptability and flexibility to change.
- A work ethic that is self-motivated and resourceful.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel!
KAYAK is an independently led subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.