Job Title: Senior Collections Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Collections
We are seeking a Senior Collections Specialist to evaluate customers' accounts and ensure timely payments are received and accurately allocated. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong written & verbal communication skills, be capable of working both independently and with a team, possess acute problem-solving skills, and demonstrate a high degree of professional persistence and drive.
- Ability to conduct collection activities thoughtfully but firmly and effectively at all business levels; ability to exercise good judgement in resolving difficult collection problems.
- Ensure all cash has been accurately allocated by Cash Analyst for designated brands.
- Handle high risk customers to ensure they are not falling delinquent.
- Ability to probe and truly understand reasons for delinquency to offer solutions that support the customer and KAYAK.
- Negotiate, collect and resolve delinquent accounts.
- Serve as liaison between commercial team and customer to ensure issues are addressed and resolved at first point of contact.
- Contribute to an on-going review of all credit control procedures, identifying, developing and communicating improvements.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 6 years of experience with collections and cash application
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness with good influencing and negotiation skills, both with customers and within an organization (ability to work with remote team members)
- Great teammate with attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Foreign languages is a plus
- Accounting knowledge is a plus
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status