Junior Compliance Associate
Legal - Zurich
The Compliance Specialist will support the KAYAK/OpenTable Compliance and Ethics Team, under the leadership of the brands’ Compliance & Ethics Officer, in implementing an effective Compliance Program. You will perform a variety of duties centered on effective implementation of all the elements of a compliance program to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; internal policies and procedures; accepted business practices; ethical standards; and contractual obligations, as set forth below:
- You will maintain the compliance policies and procedures databases.
- Develop and execute compliance & ethics campaigns on relevant topics or initiatives.
- You will help with the development and presentation of training modules.
- Maintain logs of compliance inquiries and activities, including compliance calls, government inquiries through the company’s Helpline and Case Management system.
- Assisting with the administration of our Ethics Ambassador program.
- Maintain the learning management system (“LMS”) by deploying library and custom built compliance training campaigns using enrollment/assignment rules, notifications and auto-alerts based on our annual compliance training schedule including managing/tracking annual online compliance and new hire course plan with global subsidiaries.
- You will assist with investigating compliance issues and investigation reports.
- Help in the maintenance of KAYAK/OpenTable's Global Third Party Risk Management system and related processes.
- Assist with coordinating our annual risk assessment.
- Assist in the development of the annual compliance work plan.
- Track program Key Performance Indicators.
- Assist with compliance audits and reviews, communicating results and recommendations in clear and concise written reports.
- You'll collaborate with management to ensure corrective actions are implemented effectively.
- Maintain a knowledge base of regulatory requirements and rules affecting the business.
- Miscellaneous work as necessary to support the compliance function.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ working in a compliance environment preferably in e-commerce, digital marketing, and/or travel.
- College Degree (4 year), Bachelor’s Degree required
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional preferred (and required within 18 months of appointment to position)
- AML and Fraud Professional certification desired.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Previous experience with a learning management system not required, but helpful.
- You have the highest integrity commensurate with a compliance & ethics position.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a dream to operate in a dynamic and fast-growing environment.
- Strong computer, communication, and writing skills.
- Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment and is detailed oriented.
- You possess strong project management skills.
- Language skills a plus, in particular Spanish.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Does this sound like something you are passionate about and excited to help build? If so, we should connect!
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Lunch Checks
- Health Insurance subsidy
- Free German classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours