About Our Role
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Financial Analyst is responsible for driving the overall budget, forecast and close related processes. This role will focus on overhead expense and capex reporting and control. You'll be providing consistent excellence in planning, reporting and accuracy of your forecasts. You will collaborate across departments and with your team members daily. You look to improve and streamline processes and reporting to create more visibility and insights for senior management and cross-functional leaders. You will become an expert of our financial planning tool and work closely with product management and systems administrators on continuous improvements. You will also be responsible for recurring analysis and participate in ad hoc analysis as requested by senior leadership.
Specific objectives of this role include:
- You identify risks and opportunities to help maintain an accurate read on the financial outlook.
- You drive the budget and forecast process with designated business partners. Understand their drivers and objectives and partner with them to forecast effectively.
- You prepare month end actual vs. forecast reporting for play back to the business and refinement of the outlook.
- You assist with variance analysis and commentary for month end reporting to management and to your business partners.
- You actively participate in new FP&A initiatives, including ad hoc analysis and process improvement
You are numbers-driven, exceptional business partners and communicators, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving quickly in a results-driven environment. Our ideal candidate is a fun, experienced, well-rounded, results-driven performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment. You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with FP&A and financial reporting. You have strong organizational and communication skills. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally. It is also critical that you have the proven ability to identify process improvements, opportunities for automation and partner proactively with our system admins on continuous improvements.
Your experience and education:
- 1-3 years of experience in finance or accounting, particularly in mid-size public companies
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year university
- Demonstrated team player with ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrated initiative and inquisitive nature
- Ability to dive into detail, while also keeping the big picture in mind
- Excellent influencing skills, high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Experience with planning systems such as Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Prior experience with CRM (e.g. Salesforce), ERP (e.g. Netsuite), and enterprise BI (e.g. Microstrategy) platforms a plus
- Advanced Excel skills required
About Our Team
The FP&A team drives OpenTable’s entire budget, we live and breathe the business and through our unique perspective of ‘the numbers’, we partner with the business and provide insights on trends and opportunities developing within the Company and related industries. The Accounting and Finance organization is made of up highly motivated, high performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement and automation. We work hard but also know how to have fun and work cohesively as a team. We enjoy partnering cross functionally and strive for seamless internal and external customer interactions.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.