"Love numbers" is one of KAYAK's core cultural values, and being the leading travel search engine worldwide means that we have a lot of data at our disposal. We’re looking for a Data Scientist for our Ad Technology team who can extract, interpret and use that data to grow our business. You’ll be working in a cross functional team of Data Scientists, Engineering, Product and Design who together are responsible for the development of ad products across each of KAYAK’s seven travel brands.
KAYAK promotes an agile and fast paced work environment, providing daily opportunities for learning, growth and development. We’re looking for someone who understands how to be proactive in their approach to problem solving, yet who feels comfortable reaching out for support and input when necessary. Team members aim to achieve maximum results in minimum time, making strategic decisions about which projects to priorities based on a strong understanding of business goals.
Some examples of projects you will be working on are: automating reporting processes for the wider company, visualizing data to tell a story, defining core metrics and measurement methods and developing algorithms to ensure that our partners are paying the right price for their traffic. You’ll gain an understanding of our data and products to drive your own projects, ensuring our ad products bring efficiency to our partners, incremental revenue to our business and benefit to our users.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of industry experience in a Data Science or Analytics role
- MS or higher in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent industry experience
- Confident in writing code, especially in Python; Java a plus but not required
- Experience or a strong interest in modern machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Good knowledge of probabilities and statistics, in particular statistical inference and linear models
- Familiarity with SQL and database systems; Hive/Hadoop a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Unix shell scripting
- Great communication skills; you should be capable of bridging business and technology
- Visualization to tell a story and explain a point
- Management of projects all the way from scoping to evaluation
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.