KAYAK is seeking an analytical, passionate, and self-motivated Product Manager to join our team in Berlin, Germany. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Director of Product and be responsible for understanding our travelers’ needs and translating those needs into a set of seamless and intelligent experiences that our users love.
This position requires a solid understanding of consumer behavior and the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate on and prioritize features. You are an effective communicator, know how to use quantitative and qualitative data to facilitate discussion, understand how to define and execute against a product direction and successfully drive concepts from business requirements to launch, support and iteration.
- You facilitate the ideation, design and implementation of product enhancements that solve our users’ problems in meaningful ways, weighing impact against business goals and technical feasibility
- You keep the team informed and aligned, as product and project manager, communicating across functions (product, design, engineering, commercial, marketing, PR, customer support) and with the Executive/Leadership team, many of whom are located in different offices and time zones
- You define and prioritize user problems and feature specifications across various platforms, locales and languages
- You measure the success of product changes and design and pursue relevant metrics and opportunities our data and A/B experiment results might reveal
- You collaborate with customer support and UX to collect feedback from and respond to users in a timely way
- You monitor competitive landscape and staying abreast of the latest technology and capabilities across various platforms
- A regular traveler, empathetic to the challenges our users encounter, with experience using travel planning tools
- Demonstrated consumer mind-set with preference for e-commerce and B2C background
- Specific experience in supporting and leading product strategy, including a proven ability to champion products and work towards key decisions
- Good business judgment, BS/BA required, technical background strongly preferred, MBA or similar experience a strong plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills at all levels of an organization
- High attention to detail and love of numbers is a requirement
- Ability to collaborate with teams across different cultures and timezones
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including SWOODOO, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.