As a SEO Data Engineer, you will be part of KAYAK's SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) team in our Cambridge, Berlin and Kaunas offices.
Your responsibilities will include working on data parsing, analysing, investigating, interpreting, modelling, and extracting knowledge from large volumes of data. You can master processing data in order to help drive better business decisions in our fast-paced environment.
- Our team is looking for engineers at different levels of experience (either full time or intern)
- Extract data from databases, write scripts to parse, clean, combine, and process them.
- Build dashboards and visualisations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies.
- Investigate data problems, identify patterns.
- Draw inferences and conclusions, communicate results through reports, charts, or tables.
- SQL and database experience.
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and statistics.
- Programming skills with at least one high-level language such as Python, Java, or C/C++
- Expertise in Unix shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning would be a plus.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- You should be a team player who loves to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level.
- Someone who can balance a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritise their work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account.
- Must have good technical interpersonal skills.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and Perks
- Day off on your birthday
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free Yoga classes
- Regular team events/excursions